Sunday, March 11, 2012

FREE EP APRIL 24th!





It's been a while since I've cranked a blog out but I figured right now would be a good time. We finished The Yellow Snow Tour 2 last week and it was awesome. It was definitely great hitting all local southwestern Ontario and Quebec cities that we've frequented over the years, it had been a while since we'd been to a couple of them so it definitely felt pretty sick hitting them up again. Thanks to everyone who came and ripped it up with us and special thanks to our best buds The Johnstones for taking us on the tour again.




Anywayssssss let's get to the real issue here. We have not released as much new music in the last while as we would have liked to have. A lot of it has to do with being so broke all the time, because there definitely has not been a lack of songs. However we are very excited to announce the release of a free EP on April 24th. We're calling it "The Neon Lights EP" because basically that's the name of the first track and it has a decent ring to it.  I reckon at least.

We definitely hope that everyone that downloads it will share it with their friends and help get the word out about Mean T!  It will also be available on iTunes for anyone that wants to give us a little financial support, definitely very appreciated!


Here's a kind of boring rundown of the songs....


1-Neon Lights 
This is a pretty epic sounding song. It's got about heaps of guitars and it's probably one of the harder rocking tunes in our history I think.


2 Let it Slide
This one kinda sounds like white stripes ish, but with Max's voice. It's also got one of my favourite lyrics of ours, "These two days are two worlds apart/but I'm the fuckin same" I can objectively say I like it, cuz I didn't write it!

3 Run Away 
This one is a soulful bluesy rocker, with some sweet organ. Max's voice sounds as good as it ever has on this. The guitar parts in this are pretty fun to play as well, but hey why would you care about that?

4 On My Way Home
This one we kind of released, on a sampler that was available exclusively at shows, and has been a staple of our live show for the past year, however we re-recorded it and it sounds great. Really proud of this one, some of the other bands on our last tour we're telling us this was probably our best tune, I kind of agree.


Anywayssss I'm not really that sure why I gave that run down, because you don't even know what I'm talking about and won't for another month and half!  I do promise that no one will be disappointed, these songs kill!


Also, all of our cd's our now out of print, even the Wolf sampler, so we might kind of release a hybrid disc of a mix of all our old shit, with Change and Flash in the pan, because neither of them ever got released really. 


That's all for not though. If you feel like it, help spread the word about the EP!


Jesse


Also, check out our new website..www.meantangerinemusic.com





No comments:

Post a Comment